Monday, June 10, 2013

Kauai Paint Sketches, Part 1

 I took a vacation to Kauai a few weeks ago and brought along some gouache and watercolor paper to do some analog art! My first time with gouache! It had been a long time since I had done any plein air painting and I have been very inspired by Nathan Fowkes' class to do some. Most of these are about 45min to an hour. I tried to go quickly, but I was on island time ;p Kauai is a beautiful place and I was very fortunate to have the opportunity to paint there. I definitely made a lot of mistakes, learned a lot, and enjoyed the process. More to come...





(I actually got a lot of mosquito bites at this particular location, Na'Pali Coast. Really beautiful, but so deadly!! 24 bites!! I think I lasted for 30 minutes and ran out of there, scratching my legs...-_____-)

No comments: